Position Responsibilities :
Provide legal advice that is responsive, commercially and legally sound, identifies material risks, is cost effective and supports the achievement of the business objectives by: (50%)
- Handling all HR legal issues
- Overlooking & maintaining all commercial relationships (sales/ procurement)
- Sending a monthly report to the management team
- Claims handing in cooperation with the CS and Technical Departments based on JH warranties
- Manage and review outside counsel invoicing through Serengeti
- Implement compliance metrics for sales and marketing (Marketing collateral sign off)
- Keeping all European JH companies in good standing
- Participation in committee regarding global labeling and packaging
- Give legal advice and guidance on preferred contractor programs in Europe
- Give strategic advice on pricing when entering new territories
Performs various operational/supporting legal/management tasks by: (25%)
- Managing litigation
- Controlling legal spending
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with senior management
- Executing document retention plan
- Taking part in senior management meetings
Updating policies, train relevant colleagues and publish on the intranet
Manages compliance programs and monitors legislation and legal developments that can have an impact on the business, by: (10%)
- Setting up compliance projects
- Making proposals to senior management proactively and unsolicited
- Monitoring legislation, case law and legal developments in relevant jurisdictions continuously
- Training staff on compliance, code of business ethics, etc.
Responsible for maintaining proper contract sign off system, by: (15%)
- Reviewing or drafting all business contracts (distribution, sales, services) within a week of receiving
request in line with JH’s Contract Policy
- Negotiating, whenever possible, with other party via the responsible employee (in first instance)
- Having all contracts signed by authorized representatives only
- Having duly signed sign off sheet for all contracts
- Maintaining and updating the contract data base
The Legal Counsel Europe has budgetary responsibilities (€150.000 p.a.).
The Legal Counsel Europe must possess a high-level of decision making skills in that he/she is required to
make recommendations at the managerial level based on analytical insights and findings.
The Legal Counsel Europe has no direct reports.
Scope of Position:
The Legal Counsel Europe spends the majority of his/her time providing detailed legal advice to the various departments. He/she is required to work with the departmental managers to review and provide legal advice on various projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully analyze legal and business data, identifying issues, and
proactively making appropriate recommendations.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely
- Business acumen to elicit trust and credibility with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of EU + NL, UK, FR, German and Danish legislation.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and
demanding quality execution.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer processing
software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Teamwork/Collaboration expertise with significant experience in team/project-oriented activities.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and
cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Ability to communicate legal information to all levels across the business without using legal lingo.
- Ability to prioritize imminent legal issues.
- Ability to work structurally, proactively and autonomously.
- Master’s Degree in Dutch Law (commercial, private or company law).
- Legal generalist with a good understanding of employment, contracts, corporate, competition and
data protection laws, as well as compliance
- 3-5 years’ experience in an international business environment or in a reputable law firm.
- Fluent in Dutch & English and preferably French language
- A completed bar or SBB training (Stichting Beroepsopleiding Bedrijfsjuristen)
- Professional expertise
- Planning & organizing
- Service oriented
Audrey Buttazzoni email@example.com avec cc à firstname.lastname@example.org
[su_button url= »https://www.aveniremploi.nl/offres-demploi-2/ » background= »#1b96ec » size= »10″ center= »yes » icon= »icon: reply »]Retour aux offres[/su_button]